Do you have normal skin? How lucky you are! You are one of the lucky ones to live the absolute dream of all people who have other types of skin such as sensitive, oily, or dry skins.
But beware, just because nature has spoiled you does not mean that you don’t have to take care of your skin. Neglected normal skin can very quickly turn into dry and oily skin.
How Do You Recognize Normal Skin?
Soft, smooth, neither greasy nor dry, normal skin is simply perfect! It is recognized by its regular skin texture without dilated pores and the absence of imperfections on its surface.
Its particularity also lies in the fact that it responds well to the various aggressions which it faces. Where other types of skin may start to react negatively to the cold, wind, prolonged exposure to the sun, heat, humidity, perspiration, etc, normal skin remains the same to itself: flawless! If you have normal skin, you can warmly thank your sebaceous glands, which produce just the right amount of sebum to protect you from both dryness and bacterias.
What Are the Downsides of Normal Skin?
So yes, normal skins resist aggression better than others, but this does not mean that they are completely immune to problems. With age, the skin regenerates less quickly and loses hydration. It defends itself less well against the cold, the drought, the ultraviolet rays from the sun, or the repetitive friction from clothes, which attack its protective hydrolipidic film. The skin then dries up and ages prematurely because it lacks hydration that causes the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
What Are the Rules on Normal Skin Care?
Pay attention to the following when taking care of neutral skin:
- Choose appropriate skincare products as your climate and environment change. Generally, when the weather is relatively hot, you should choose a lotion-type skin cream to ensure that your skin is refreshed and clean; when the weather is relatively cold, you can choose a slightly oily ointment to prevent dryness and roughness of the skin.
- Of course, keeping the skin clean is also very important. People with normal skin can use a small alkaline soap to clean the face.
- Before going to bed at night, you can use a nutritional lotion to moisturize the skin and keep the skin smooth and soft; you can also use a nutritional lotion to keep the skin in a state that is not loose or tight.
- After cleansing in the morning, you can use a little astringent lotion to lightly pat the face to tighten the skin and supplement it with an appropriate amount of nutrient cream for maintenance.
- You should pay special attention to supplement the necessary vitamins and protein in the diet, eat more fruits, vegetables, soy products, and dairy products, etc. Also, pay attention to maintaining a good mood and do some outdoor exercises appropriately.
How to Take Care of Normal Skin?
There is no miracle to taking care of normal skin. Eating healthy, getting enough sleep, knowing how to manage stress are all ways of preserving the beauty and suppleness of your skin, from the inside out. But beyond this recommended lifestyle for all skin types, your skin also needs to be pampered. There is nothing too restrictive, don’t worry. You only need weekly exfoliation to help get rid of its dead cells. However, by exfoliating your skin more than once a week, you risk drying it out. You also need a veil of moisturizing milk after the shower. In winter, replace it with a moisturizer or vegetable oil, which is more nutritious, if you prefer. And voila!
What Are the Care Routines for Normal Skin?
To take care of your normal skin, in the best possible way there are specific routines you need to adhere to. Each of these will be outlined below:
Remove Impurities with a Gentle Facial Cleanser
To keep your skin balanced and healthy, cleanse it twice a day with a gentle foaming gel cleanser. You can find facial cleansers that gently foams to remove dust, excess sebum, and impurities without drying out the skin or depriving it of its natural protective film. Facial cleansers will help you with the following:
- Dissolves excess sebum, dust, and impurities
- Maintains the natural pH of the skin
Balance and Tone Your Skin with a Gentle Toner
You can complete your skin cleansing with a gentle, alcohol-free toner. It can help remove dead cells and impurities on the surface of your skin. Apply it with a cotton ball and it will refine your skin texture and prepare for moisturizers. Facial toners are beneficial for your normal skins as it:
- Eliminates dead cells and residual impurities
- Hydrates and comforts the skin
- Is usually formulated with apricot kernel oil, squalane, avocado oil, and vitamin E
- Refines the grain for smoother skin
Plump Your Skin with a Moisturizing Serum
To smooth and soften the skin, apply a moisturizing serum to your cleansed and toned skin. A plumping hydrating serum delivers intense hydration to revive dull complexion or tired skin. Moisturizing serums are beneficial for your normal skins as they:
- Plump the skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Wake up tired skin
- Formulated with glycerin and natural extract
- Revives dull complexion due to age-related dehydration
Moisturize Your Eye Area with a Concentrated Cream
Every morning and evening, apply an eye cream with avocado oil. This will make you feel the effect of intense hydration. With a rich, creamy texture, this formula hydrates the delicate eye area. Creamy eye treatments are beneficial as they:
- Allow rapid hydration during application
- Unique concentrated formula with a rich, creamy texture
- Contain avocado oil, beta-carotene, and shea butter
Moisturize Your Face with a 24-Hour Cream
For smooth, soft, healthy, and well-hydrated skin, finish your skincare routine with the application of a facial moisturizer. Even in the driest areas, this lightweight moisturizer instantly leaves your skin 2.3 times more hydrated. This is beneficial for your normal skins as it:
- Hydrates your skin for 24 hours and helps balance the driest areas of your face
- Penetrates easily thanks to its light texture
- Leaves skin softer, smoother, and visibly healthier
- Has high protection and anti-pollution hydrating face sunscreen
Protect Your Skin with Sunscreen
Whatever your skin type is, it is essential to apply light sunscreen to your face every day. This is because even on a cloudy day, UVA and UVB rays can damage your skin. Sun protection is the last step in your normal morning skincare routine. Using sunscreen is essential as it:
- Protects the skin against the harmful rays of the sun
- Protects against pollution
- Prevents and visibly reduces wrinkles, dark spots, and rough areas
- Is usually non-comedogenic (that is, not causing acne when cleansed properly)
Regenerate Your Skin with an Overnight Face Oil
In the evening, after applying your serum and before your moisturizer, penetrate 2 to 3 drops of a night regenerating concentrate by patting gently on your skin. Formulated with a blend of botanical oils, this oil replenishes your skin overnight for a glowing complexion in the morning. Face oil is beneficial for your skin because it:
- Regenerates and helps to smooth the skin
- Revives the radiance of healthier skin
Boost the Radiance of Your Skin with an Exfoliating Beauty Mask
You can give your normal skin care routine a boost with an exfoliating mask. Its “instant glow” formula reveals a smoother, revitalized, and visibly healthier complexion. Some of its benefits include the fact that it:
- Visibly brightens tired, dull skin
- Stimulates the skin for a regenerated and radiant appearance
- May contain turmeric and cranberry extract as well as crushed cranberry seeds to gently exfoliate the skin
- Helps with a brighter, healthier skin
Which Body Wash to Use for Normal Skin?
The advantage of normal skin is that you can choose all types of cleansers! Shower oil, soap-free soap, surgras soap, etc; the possibilities are endless and we will help you choose your favorite!
Soap-free soap is a synthetic detergent (based on petroleum derivatives aka the famous surfactants) with a pH close to that of the skin (around 5). It is therefore especially recommended for fragile, dry, or even atopic skin.
Like soap-free soap, surgras soap is particularly suitable for dry or fragile skin, but it is just as perfect for normal skin. Be careful, however, to only use it on your body and not your face which could easily switch to the oily skin side of the force, and we know very well that this is not what you want!
Traditional soap is a natural detergent that tends to dry out already fragile and dry skin due to its basic pH of around 10. With your normal skin, you can use traditional soap without having your skin drying out provided you moisturize it carefully when you get out of the shower.
The shower oil is quite a sensory experience on its own. Its original soft and enveloping texture moisturizes all skin types and turns into foam when applied in the shower. It gives a serious boost to the natural hydrolipidic film of the skin which makes it ideal for all skin types, especially dry and normal skin in mind!
Is your skin healthy, normal, and you have a pretty complexion? You definitely want it to last, which is why maintaining it with a facial care routine is essential. Even if you do not have problems such as rough areas, blemishes, or sensitive skin, it is still important to use products to cleanse and moisturize your skin. Now that you know everything about your normal skin, you will have no reason not to pamper it as it deserves.