Ashwagandha supplements contain extracts from the ashwagandha plant (Withania somnifera). Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb. It is being used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. Its role is to help the body cope with stress and improve overall health and wellness.
Ashwagandha supplements are typically sold in the form of capsules or powders. They are marketed as natural remedies for a variety of health concerns. Examples include anxiety, depression, insomnia, chronic fatigue, and low libido. Some studies suggest that ashwagandha supplements may have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects. They are also known to bring potential benefits for cognitive function, athletic performance, and weight management.
1. Organic Ashwagandha Root Capsules with Black Pepper from NutriRise
With this pack of ashwagandha supplements, you will get 120 capsules. The total capacity of this pack is 1300 mg. Along with Ashwagandha, these capsules also encompass black pepper. The purpose of this supplement is to provide your body with immune support.
These gluten-free capsules are nootropic for improving your energy and focus. Further, they will help you fight stress naturally and will improve your mood. These supplements also claim to support your thyroid functions. This superior formula has been made with ashwagandha root alone.
- Made with ashwagandha and black pepper for the utmost absorption
- These capsules help elevate your energy levels
- Claims to promote calmness and boost happiness
- Promotes the quality of your sleep to help you wake up fresh the next day
- Helps with weight management and provides immune support
- For some people, it might create hallucinations
2. Ashwagandha and Vitamin D Gummies from Goli Store
These ashwagandha supplements are offered in the form of gummies. So, if you have a hard time swallowing a capsule, you might find these gummies easy to consume. You will get 60 counts of mixed berry gummies with this pack.
These gummies are free of gelatin and, gluten and they are non-GMO as well. These gummies are made to promote calmness and reduce stress. Contains highly bio-available KSM-66 ashwagandha and vitamin D. It means that your body will quickly absorb the nutrients from these gummies.
- Gummies made with full-spectrum root extract from the ashwagandha plant
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Supports quality sleep and helps with improving the quality of your life
- Gummies are gluten-free, gelatin-free and non-GMO
- Supports physical performance and endurance in healthy athletic adults
- The gummies are sticky and all gummies in the bottle clump together
3. Organic Ashwagandha 1950 mg with Black Pepper Extract from Physician’s Choice Store
These ashwagandha supplements are made with pepper extract for improved absorption. These supplements are made to provide the best mood and stress support. This pack contains 90 veggie root powder capsules of the Ashwagandha plant. They can provide the best well-being support to you.
Besides supporting brain and mood support, these capsules will also function as the best sleep aid. When you sleep better, your energy levels the next day will be good as well with these capsules. As they support aerobic muscles and exercise, you can expect the best athletic performance with these capsules.
- Does not use any fillers
- Vegetarian and vegan-friendly capsules
- Made with organically grown ashwagandha plant root
- Offered as a stress support formula
- Comes with black pepper to ensure better absorption
- Not suitable for individuals with thyroid medication
4. Extra Strength Ashwagandha Capsules 3000 mg from Futurebiotics Store
This pack of ashwagandha supplements provides 3000 mg per serving. Made using high-quality ashwagandha herb to help your body cope and adapt to different stresses in your daily life.
These capsules are made with BioPerine for better absorption. You will get 120 capsules with this pack. They are lab-tested and GMO-free. They claim to support stress response and mood.
- Maintains healthy cortisol levels in your blood
- Supports with positive mood and memory
- Helps you achieve a healthy stress response
- Comes with BioPerine for better absorption
- Free of soy and gluten
- For some people, it causes rashes
5. Cortisol Health from LES Labs Store
These ashwagandha supplements contain other ingredients like magnolia bark, phosphatidylserine and Rhodiola rosea. They are made to help you achieve a balanced cortisol response. You can expect deep sleep and stress relief with these capsules.
Rhodiola and ashwagandha extracts part of these capsules help with promoting relaxation. Also, the magnesium part of these capsules helps with added calming effects to your mind and body. Above all, these capsules ensure that you get healthy adrenal function.
- Manufactured in the USA
- Non-GMO, free of gluten and plant-based formula
- Promotes balanced cortisol response
- Helps to bring down stress levels
- Supports healthy adrenal function
- Some users feel bloated after taking these capsules
- Causes withdrawal symptoms in some people.
6. Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder from FGO
These ashwagandha supplements are available in the form of powder. The powder is made from the root of the ashwagandha herb. You can add this powder to your hot cup of cocoa. With its bitter notes, it will add a different taste to your cocoa. You can take this powder with any of your favorite drinks at bedtime for a sound sleep.
This product comes in resealable bags. So, after adding the powder to any of your favorite drinks, you can reseal the pack and keep it aside for the next day’s use. This product has been made with organic ashwagandha obtained from farms in India.
- USDA Organic ashwagandha powder
- Packed in kraft bags for easy storage in California
- Made with ashwagandha roots grown in organic farms in India
- Does not contain any chemical sprays, herbicides and pesticides
- Every batch is lab tested for quality
- Some people might not like the taste of this powder
7. Organic Ashwagandha Capsules 1600 mg from NutriFlair with Black Pepper
The purpose of these ashwagandha supplements is to support a healthy nervous system in you. Also, these capsules promise to promote healthy adrenaline levels in your body. In turn, you can expect the best stress response with the support you get from this product.
This premium ashwagandha supplement is made with certified ashwagandha root and black pepper extract. The ashwagandha has been standardized to contain at least 5% anolides. Together black pepper and ashwagandha will improve your mental clarity and will boost your immunity levels.
- Improves mental clarity
- Reduces stress
- Made with black pepper to ensure better absorption
- Promotes overall well-being of users
- Vegan, non-GMO and free of gluten and chemicals
- Some people experience an increase in the heartbeat after taking these capsules
8. KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract 120 Vegan Capsules from OmniBiotics Store
These ashwagandha supplements feature KSM-66 organic ashwagandha extract. This is the purest form of ashwagandha available and the same has been proven clinically. This product is one of the most potent adaptogenic supplements in the market. The reason is that it uses KSM-66, which is a full-spectrum organic ashwagandha root extract.
This high-potency formula was particularly designed to naturally calm nerves and relieve stress. It is known for promoting optimal cortisol levels. It is ideal for anyone intending to feel easily irritated or overwhelmed. The reason is that it has natural stress-relieving properties.
- Boosts your energy levels and mood
- Increases satisfaction and desire
- 100% Natural without any binders, GMOs or additives
- Provides powerful stress relief
- Made using KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root
- Some people face upset stomach and diarrhea with these capsules
9. Extra Strength Ashwagandha with Black Pepper from Nature’s Nutrition Store
This pack of ashwagandha supplements contains 180 capsules. You will get extra strength ashwagandha root powder extract with these capsules. The pack weighs 1950 mg and provides the best immunity support. Also, these capsules are made to support mood and energy levels.
These capsules have been tested for purity. They are free of gluten. They are organic, non-GMO and vegan capsules. You will get 1950 mg of ashwagandha per serving with these capsules that use the highest-quality organic ashwagandha.
- Provides you with 33% more ashwagandha than other capsules
- Aids with healthy adrenal and thyroid levels
- Naturally supports the feeling of relaxation and calmness
- Extra-strength complex
- Comes as an ultimate combo of ashwagandha and black pepper
- Some might feel the capsules to be large to consume
10. Full-Spectrum Ashwagandha 570 mg Rejuvenating Tonifier from Planetary Herbals Store
These ashwagandha supplements claim to increase your resistance to stress. Also, the manufacturer claims that these capsules will rejuvenate your body and will relax your mind.
Also, these capsules contain organic compounds called glycosides. They function as laxatives by smoothing the muscles when the digested food moves through your intestines. Further, these capsules claim to support, thyroid, adrenal and immune functions to help you lead a healthy life. Also, you can expect to maintain healthy HDL and LDL levels with these capsules.
- Made using full-spectrum ashwagandha
- Supports thyroid, immunity and adrenal system in your body
- Brings both alertness and relaxation to your body and mind
- Increases your resistance levels to stress
- Helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- It takes time to show results for some people
How to Choose the Best Ashwagandha Supplements?
Know about the Interactions
Before you buy ashwagandha supplements, you should be aware of the interactions. Do you take drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, blood thinners and sedatives? If so, you should talk to your doctor before buying ashwagandha supplements. Also, drugs that suppress the immune system and thyroid supplements can interact. In short, if you are on medication, it is better to talk to your doctor.
Do you have health conditions like bleeding disorders, thyroid issues, diabetes and cancer? Also, do you have rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis or ulcers? In these cases, you should consult a doctor before you buy ashwagandha supplements. Also, remember that ashwagandha might interfere with your thyroid test results. So, it is better to stop taking ashwagandha supplements two weeks before the test.
Know about the Side-Effects
Ashwagandha supplements or any other herbal supplements for that matter will not suit all. For some people, they can cause diarrhea and upset stomach. Some might even face nausea and vomiting. So, before you buy try to consume in lower doses initially.
When you compare ashwagandha supplements, you will come across some products stating one thing. It is that some supplements are made using KSM-66 Ashwagandha. This is nothing but a brand. This is full-spectrum ashwagandha with the highest concentration of major roots of ashwagandha plants. So, you can expect a better outcome from this badge in the supplement.
When to Take?
Also, when you compare ashwagandha supplements, gather details on when to consume them. Some might suggest consuming on the empty stomach in the morning. Some will suggest taking it before bedtime. When taken on an empty stomach, it might cause mild discomfort. So, you might have to try which time suits you the best.
From the ashwagandha supplements we reviewed here, we feel that Ashwagandha and Vitamin D Gummies from Goli Store is the best. The reason is that these are offered in the form of gummies. They come in the flavor of berries and are easy to consume. Also, they are made using the most effective KSM-66 ashwagandha root for the utmost effectiveness.