Will Acne Around the Mouth Disappear Automatically?
When they appear, acnes around the mouth are a nightmare for girls with seemingly spotless faces. Unlike normal acne, they don’t disappear automatically.
Acnes or comedones around the mouth mostly appear on the forehead, chin, and cheeks. They feel bumpy, painless or itchy, and have white bumps the size of rice grains. If the closed comedones are not removed or treated in time, it is easy to develop into red, swollen, inflammatory, and irritating nodules and cysts on the skin.
What is Acne Around the Mouth?
Acnes can be divided into two types, closed and open. Blackheads and whiteheads, which are generally easier to find, are open acne. The pores are relatively large, and it is easy to oxidize with air.
Our subject matter is what everyone calls closed acne because the pores are closed, the oil inside is not oxidized, you can see a small white or red bump in the skin. When it’s white, it is not inflamed, and red means that it has been inflamed.
To put it vividly using some analogy, black-headed and white-headed girls are passionate girls with open personalities; closed-mouthed acne is a shy and introverted girl who often doesn’t see people.
Closed acne is different from the acne on the face. They mostly appear in pieces. You can see white threaded secretions when you squeeze them with your hands. You can see obvious roughness and unevenness on the skin under light or sunlight. Simply put, acne around the mouth is uninflamed acne.
What is the Relationship Between Acne Around the Mouth, Blackheads, and Normal Acne?
When acne is not obvious, you can feel it by touching it with your hands. It is not red, swollen, painful, or itchy. It just feels lumpy when you touch your face.
The acne close to the mouth either “holds on” on the face or becomes acne after inflammation breaks, or it becomes open acne. When the oil in the closed mouth is oxidized, it will turn into annoying blackheads.
What Causes Acne Around the Mouth?
This acne is formed under the combined effects of abnormal levels of hormones, excessive oil secretion, abnormal hair follicle keratosis, clogged pores, infection, and inflammation from microorganisms. Acne around the mouth is just one type of acne. Abnormal androgen levels stimulate the sebaceous glands to secrete excessive oils. Meanwhile, the abnormal keratinocytes will only cover the pores, blocking the hair follicles. You have to remove the keratinous blockage of the hair follicle and remove excess oil. The closed environment and excess oil provide a good survival for acnes, which will trigger an inflammatory response and grow inflammatory acne.
Causes of Acne Around the Mouth
There are many reasons for the formation of closed acne. Some of these include:
- Irregular work and rest, staying up late for a long time;
- Endocrine disorders, the stress in daily life, menstrual period, pregnancy, contraceptives, and other drugs;
- Toothpaste with too much fluoride;
- Excessive aged keratin on the surface of the skin or in the pores;
- Makeup remover is not thoroughly emulsified and rinsed, and oil remains in the pores;
- Excessive makeup removal;
- Excessive cleansing, using an alkaline anti-acne facial cleanser, tightness after washing, resulting in an imbalance of water and oil;
- The basic hydrating and moisturizing are not done well;
- The base makeup is too oily, the BB cream (blemish balm or beauty balm) and base makeup products that are too greasy;
- The greasy good night jelly is clogging the pores;
- Frequent exfoliation, excessive damage to the stratum corneum, fairies with sensitive muscles should not always exfoliate;
- Touching your face with your hands. Studies have pointed out that, on average, people touch their face 3.6 times within an hour. In this way, the bacteria carried on their hands move to the face, which can easily lead to clogged skin pores and form acne or acne.
What Does Acne Around the Mouth Look Like?
Acne around the mouth is not painful or itchy, and it isn’t easy to detect. But the naked eye can tell the difference by the appearance of the skin surface. Closed acnes have small white bumps the size of raised rice grains.
How to Remove Acne Around the Mouth?
The purpose of acne around the mouth management is to exfoliate dead skin cells, open-pore channels, remove excess oil, control oil, and replenishing water.
For example, phyto-peeling with seaweed can exfoliate the area, thereby opening pore channels, promoting the normal discharge of excess oil in hair follicles, improving the acnes. At the same time, it can repair acne marks, improve dull skin tone, fine lines, enlarge pores, and other problems.
Can I Squeeze Out Acne Around the Mouth?
Most acne around the mouth grows in pieces, so it is not recommended to squeeze the acne yourself. If the technique is unprofessional, it will also damage the skin and cause bacterial infection, pigmentation, acne marks, and other problems. Therefore, please consult an expert.
Will Acne Around the Mouth Disappear by Itself?
Acnes around the mouth are caused by the pores being blocked by keratinocytes, and they are not easy to get rid of by yourself. Acnes rarely heal themselves completely, and most of the time, they will make repeated appearances. They are prone to leaving acne marks in the later stage, so please manage and remove them in time, and don’t cause serious acne.
Why Is it Easier to Grow Acne Around the Mouth During Adolescence?
During adolescence, the body is in rapid development and the development of secondary sexual characteristics. The activity of the gonadal glands increases. The secretion of male hormones also increases. This stimulates the sebaceous glands to synthesize a large amount of oil, and the excessive oil cannot be discharged in time, which provides a good foundation for acne growth.
However, not everyone is troubled by acne. People with dry skin have less oil secretion, and the chance of developing acne is much less.
What are the Reasons for Repeated Acne Appearance?
If you have the following habits, acne around the mouth will always come looking for you:
- If you take foods like sweets, high-sugar foods, dairy products; for example, doughnuts, milk tea, instant noodles.
- Living habits such as: staying up late, lack of sleep, smoking and alcoholism, mental stress.
- Wrong skincare habits such as: washing your face frequently, not applying sunscreens, and using hormone-containing products.
- Hygiene habits like: Not removing makeup and washing your face before going to bed, exercising with makeup, not washing bed sheets frequently, and always squeezing the acne.
- Note that there is a higher occurrence of acnes just before and after the menstrual period and during pregnancy.
How Can You Reduce the Growth of Acne Around the Mouth?
Starting from lifestyle and skincare habits, try to do the following:
- Maintain adequate sleep and minimize smoking and alcoholism.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and less high-sugar dairy foods.
- Relax more physically and mentally and maintain a good mood, such as: doing more skin management, full-body SPA massage, yoga and jogging, and other aerobic exercises.
- Don’t believe in quick acne and whitening, do not use Sanwu products or abuse glucocorticoid drugs.
- Do not wear makeup during exercise, remove makeup before going to bed, and wash bed sheets frequently.
What is the Difference Between Acne Around the Mouth and Fat Granules
Acne around the mouth is a small raised white bump formed by excess oil in the hair follicles, but the hair follicles are covered by keratinocytes, causing the pores to be blocked, and the oil in the hair follicles cannot be discharged.
The fat particles are small white particles formed by skin damage and tiny wounds. The skin repairs itself due to excessive keratin protein synthesis. Epidermal keratin cannot fall off normally, or sweat gland pores are destroyed. They are caused for example, by weight gain, low-fiber diets, smoking, lack of cardiovascular exercises, and more.
Can Washing and Exfoliating at Home Get Rid of Acne Around the Mouth?
Cleansing and exfoliating at home can remove excess sebum in the pores, remove aging keratinocytes, unblock pores, prevent and improve acne around the mouth. However, if you want to completely remove the acnes and avoid repeated appearance, professional skin management is required.
The treatment of acne around the mouth is divided into two situations, one is that there are only one or two closed acnes, and they do not occur frequently. There are many reasons for this symptom, and drugs are not recommended. You don’t need anything. Just leave it on its own. And if your skin is very tolerated and not sensitive, you can also apply a topical acid treatment.
The second situation is when you have a lot of closed acnes around the mouth and the area is also very large. In this case, it is recommended to go to the hospital to find a professional dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Also, you should pay attention to the following points to speed up the healing of the skin: Don’t stay up late. Don’t smoke or drink alcohol. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and less spicy food such as barbecue. Pay attention to sun protection! Ensure cleansing and deep cleansing.